Red Chile Stew
Red Chile Stew warms the heart and soul on a cold winter night. Serve alone as a hearty New Mexican meal or with a bowl of delicious pinto beans.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ lb. lean stew meat ½ in. cubed
- 3 small potatoes cubed
- ⅛ medium onion chopped
- 1-14 oz. container BUENO® Frozen Red Chile frozen
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp. salt
- Heat oil in 3 or 4 quart pot.1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Add meat and brown over low heat for approximately 4 minutes.½ lb. lean stew meat
- Add potatoes and onion. Brown for approximately 4 more minutes, stirring occasionally.3 small potatoes, ⅛ medium onion
- Add frozen red chile. Cook for 15 minutes (to at least 165ºF).1-14 oz. container BUENO® Frozen Red Chile
- Stir in garlic, water and salt. Bring to a boil.2 cloves garlic, ½ tsp. salt, 1 cup water
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Calories: 244kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 17gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 297mgPotassium: 741mgFiber: 7gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 3IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 32mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!