Celebration Green Chile Cheese Enchiladas
These Celebration Green Chile Cheese Enchiladas are a favorite for Sunday suppers. Add shredded chicken or turkey for a New Year's Day tradition.
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 doz. BUENO® Corn Tortillas
- 1 28 oz. BUENO® Frozen Autumn Roast® Green Chile Sauce
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a small skillet. Quickly fry one tortilla at a time on hot oil. Drain on paper towels.3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, 1 doz. BUENO® Corn Tortillas
- Heat green chile sauce according to instructions on container. Remove from heat.1 28 oz. BUENO® Frozen Autumn Roast® Green Chile Sauce
- Sauté onion.
- Dip one fried tortilla at a time in warm sauce and place into small casserole dish until the bottom is covered with a single layer of tortillas.
- Alternate sauce, cheese and onion over first layer of tortillas.1 cup onion, 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Repeat layers with tortillas, sauce, cheese and onion until all ingredients are used.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Allow stack to cool slightly before cutting.
- Use remaining chile sauce to drizzle over top of each serving.
- Garnish liberally with shredded lettuce and diced tomato. Pinto beans optional.
Option: You may substitute 2 – 16 oz. jars BUENO® Flame Roasted Green Chile Sauce instead of Frozen Sauce.
Serving: 4ozCalories: 199kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 8gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.04gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 658mgPotassium: 102mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 283IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 213mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!