Mini Chile Rellenos
Mini Chile Rellenos, made from New Mexican chile, roast beef and holiday spices are the perfect New Mexican hors d'oeuvres to spice up holiday parties.
- 1 lb. boiled beef roast
- 1- 13 oz. container BUENO® Frozen Green Chile
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 small onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup broth from boiled roast
- 2 egg whites beaten to soft peaks
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 egg yolks lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Finely grind boiled roast.1 lb. boiled beef roast
- Heat frozen green chile in sauce pan over low heat about 15 minutes (to at least 165ºF).1- 13 oz. container BUENO® Frozen Green Chile
- Heat oil in large pan over high heat. Sauté onion in oil.1 tsp. vegetable oil, 2 small onions
- Add garlic. Add meat, raisins and seasonings, stirring thoroughly after each addition. Stir in green chile and broth.2 cloves garlic, 1 cup raisins, ½ tsp. allspice, ½ tsp. ground cloves, ½ tsp. ground nutmeg, 1 tsp. salt, ¼ cup broth from boiled roast
- Lower heat. Cook over low heat 15-20 minutes.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, mix wet batter ingredients together.2 egg whites, 1 cup milk, 2 egg yolks
- Sift dry batter ingredients together. Add dry batter ingredients to wet batter ingredients.½ tsp. salt, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 cup flour
- Form chilled meat mixture into approximately 2 inch ovals. Coat ovals in batter. Deep fry in smoking hot oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.Vegetable oil for deep frying
Makes approximately fifteen 1.5 oz. mini rellenos.
Calories: 139kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 8gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 275mgPotassium: 242mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 34IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 51mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!