No Christmas Eve is complete without a generous bowl of homemade Posole.
Red Chile Posole (Hominy Stew)
Traditional Red Chile Posole is a hearty stew, often the centerpiece of winter holiday gatherings in New Mexico. Its key ingredients include hominy, pork and red chile.
- 4 pork chops thin cut, bone-in, diced
- 6 pig's feet (optional)
- 7 BUENO® Chile Pods (stems & seeds removed pods rinsed)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-14 oz. container BUENO® Frozen Red Chile
- 6 qts. water
- 1-2 lb. pkg. BUENO® Posole
- 4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp. salt or to taste
- In a large 10-12 qt. pot, brown the pork over medium heat, including bones.4 pork chops
- Stir in chile pods, lightly toasting them. Stir in onion and minced garlic.7 BUENO® Chile Pods, 6 cloves garlic,, 2 medium onions,
- Add red chile, water and posole.1-14 oz. container BUENO® Frozen Red Chile, 6 qts. water, 1-2 lb. pkg. BUENO® Posole
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add granulated garlic and salt4 tsp. granulated garlic, 1 Tbsp. salt
- Cover and cook over low to medium heat for 1 to 2 hours, allowing flavors to blend.
Calories: 153kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 14gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 669mgPotassium: 232mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 94IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 42mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!