Burritos Buenos are everything good about a burrito! Chock full of beans, beef, chile and cheese, they are highly nutritious and tasty!
- ½ lb. ground beef lean
- ¼ medium onion chopped
- ⅛ cup water
- ¼ tsp. BUENO® Oregano crushed
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 13 oz. container BUENO® Frozen Green Chile
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans drained
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 6 BUENO® Grandma’s® Traditional Style Tortillas
- Brown beef in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté.½ lb. ground beef, ¼ medium onion
- Blend in water, oregano, garlic and salt. Cook uncovered over low heat 12 minutes or until excess moisture evaporates.⅛ cup water, ¼ tsp. BUENO® Oregano, 1 tsp. granulated garlic, ½ tsp. salt
- In a saucepan, heat vegetable oil over low heat. Add frozen green chile. Cook until no longer frozen (minimum 165ºF). Add beans. Cook 15 minutes or until excess moisture evaporates. Mash beans. Stir in half of cheese, cooking until melted. Add to meat mixture.2 tsp. vegetable oil, 13 oz. container BUENO® Frozen Green Chile, 2 cups cooked pinto beans, ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Spoon about 2 Tbsp. mixture onto tortillas. Top mixture with remaining cheese.6 BUENO® Grandma’s® Traditional Style Tortillas
- Roll tortillas once toward middle, fold over edges and roll again over folded edges.
- Place each burrito seam-side down on a cookie sheet. Bake at 325ºF for 10 minutes.
Calories: 344kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 15gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 742mgPotassium: 361mgFiber: 6gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 98IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 172mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!