New Mexican Spanish Rice
There's a controversy about whether the best Spanish Rice is moist or dry. This favorite version from the Baca family is wonderfully moist and delicious. This was Joseph Baca's (founder of Bueno Foods) favorite dish.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- 1 – 13 oz container BUENO® Frozen Autumn Roast® Green Chile thawed in microwave
- 2 – 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2½ cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a non-stick skillet over low to medium heat. Add rice and brown approximately 8 minutes or until rice turns a deeper brown.1 Tbsp. vegetable oil, 1 cup brown rice
- In a separate saucepan, heat 2 tsp. oil over low heat. Sauté onion. Add green chile. Cook 10 minutes (to at least 165ºF).2 tsp. vegetable oil, ½ medium onion, 1 – 13 oz container BUENO® Frozen Autumn Roast® Green Chile
- Blend in rice, tomato sauce and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.2 – 8 oz. cans tomato sauce, 2½ cups water, 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. granulated garlic, ¼ tsp. pepper
- Cover and simmer over warm to low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Calories: 125kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 2gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.02gSodium: 245mgPotassium: 78mgFiber: 1gSugar: 0.3gVitamin A: 2IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 12mgIron: 0.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!