We hope you enjoy the Tomatillo Chicken Tacos provided here. Try more of our delicious New Mexican recipes!
Tomatillo Chicken Tacos
Tomatillo Chicken Tacos are a delicious take on tacos. Light and fresh, these tacos make a simple, healthy and tasty summer meal.
- Heat ½ cup olive oil over medium-high heat in a heavy skillet. Gently fold each corn tortilla, leaving a slight opening at the tip and securing it with a toothpick. Deep fry each shell for about 30 seconds each side or until crisp. Drain on paper towel.½ cup+ 1 tsp. olive oil, 1 doz. BUENO® Corn Tortillas
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil over medium heat in non-stick skillet.
- Add chicken, coarse chile, salt and garlic. Cook over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Allow to cool.4 chicken breasts, 2 Tbsp. BUENO® Coarse Chile, 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. granulated garlic
- Shred chicken.
- Evenly divide chicken, tomato, onion and lettuce among taco shells.1 large tomato, ¼ cup onion, ½ cup dark green lettuce
- Add salsa to taste.1 jar BUENO® Tomatillo Salsa,
Option: To cut fat and calories, instead of frying tortillas, use them fresh or toast in the oven.
Calories: 106kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 2gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0.3mgSodium: 379mgPotassium: 112mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 1587IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 14mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!