Southwest Salmon Patties
Southwest Salmon Croquettes have been a tradition in our family for Fridays during the Lenten season. Canned salmon, green chile and onion patties are perfect for a light meal. They are great on St. Patty's Day too if you prefer a lighter meal than traditional brisket or corned beef and cabbage.
- 1 13 oz. BUENO® Frozen Green Chile drained
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- ¼ medium onion finely chopped
- 1 14 ¾ oz. can pink salmon drained
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 Tbsp. unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes crushed
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Place frozen green chile in a saucepan over low heat. Cook 15-20 minutes covered.1 13 oz. BUENO® Frozen Green Chile
- Heat 1 tsp. oil over low heat in a sauté pan. Sauté onion.1 tsp. vegetable oil
- Add cooked green chile. Cook an additional 10 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, mash salmon with a fork.1 14 ¾ oz. can pink salmon
- Stir in cooked onion and green chile mixture. Add remaining ingredients except for oil.¼ medium onion, 1 egg, 4 Tbsp. unbleached flour, 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- Heat ¼ cup oil over medium heat in a non-stick skillet.¼ cup vegetable oil
- Drop mixture by heaping tablespoon onto heated skillet. Flatten with spatula. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes. Turn and cook approximately 2 more minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
Calories: 64kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 1gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 7mgPotassium: 22mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 26IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 7mgIron: 0.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!