Hatch Green Chile Chicken Stew
This Hatch Green Chile Chicken Stew warms the soul on a cold evening. Simple and delicious.
- 1 tsp. olive or canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- ½ white onion finely diced
- 1½ lbs. chicken breast fillets cut into ½ inch cubes (approx. 3 cups)
- 3 cups reduced sodium fat free chicken broth
- 13 oz. BUENO® Hatch Autumn Roast® Green Chile not drained
- 2 carrots thinly sliced (approx. ⅛ to ¼ inch thick)
- ½ cup frozen whole kernel sweet corn
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced into ¼ in. cubes
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add olive or canola oil.1 tsp. olive or canola oil
- Add minced garlic and diced onion and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes.3 cloves garlic, ½ white onion
- Transfer garlic and onion into separate bowl with slotted spoon.
- To hot skillet, add chicken pieces and cook, stirring until pieces turn white, approximately 7 minutes.1½ lbs. chicken breast fillets
- Add chicken broth.3 cups reduced sodium fat free chicken broth
- Add sautéed garlic, onion and remaining ingredients.13 oz. BUENO® Hatch Autumn Roast® Green Chile, 2 carrots, ½ cup frozen whole kernel sweet corn, 2 potatoes, ¼ tsp black pepper
- Simmer over medium heat until chicken and vegetables are tender, approximately 25 minutes.
- Lower heat if rapid boil develops.
Hint: Use skinless, boneless chicken breast tenders to cut preparation time by a third. Per serving: 130 calories; 20g protein; 2g fat; 11g carbohydrates; 95mg sodium; 45mg cholesterol.
Calories: 228kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 27gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 640mgPotassium: 844mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 2827IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 30mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!