Hatch Chile Grits & Shrimp fuses traditional Southern fare with a taste of New Mexico for a delicious treat.
For that iconic taste of New Mexico, add Hatch Green Chile Salsa.
Our most premium green chile, grown in Hatch, New Mexico is the key ingredient of this salsa and it will make your taste buds rejoice. If you are a Hatch chile fan, you will love this salsa. It’s all about the Hatch green chile, pure and simple. The possibilities are endless for using this pillar of your pantry! You will rely on its flavor time after time to enhance dish after dish. Certified New Mexico grown and Certified Hatch grown.
Hatch Chile Grits & Shrimp
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups grits or polenta dry
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1- 16 oz. jar BUENO® Hatch Green Chile Salsa
- ¼ cup butter salted
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small bunch chives chopped
- In a large skillet, combine water, grits and salt.5 cups water, 2 cups grits or polenta, 1 tsp. salt
- Bring to a boil. Stir. Cover and simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If grits become sticky, add additional water.
- Fold in salsa, butter and half and half.1- 16 oz. jar BUENO® Hatch Green Chile Salsa, ¼ cup butter, ½ cup half and half
- Simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in shredded cheese. Cover and set aside.1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Season shrimp with salt and black pepper to taste.12 shrimp, Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat.1 Tbsp. butter
- Sauté shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Hatch Chile Grits. Top with chopped chives.1 small bunch chives