Enjoy the perfect light summer meal: fresh Green Salad with Tomatillo Avocado Dressing. Serve alone or as an accompaniment to any dish.
The secret ingredient to this Tomatillo Avocado Dressing is our Tomatillo Salsa.
Green Salad with Tomatillo Avocado Dressing
Bright and tangy, this traditional tomatillo sauce is a favorite in Mexico to add brightness and flavor to fish tacos, fish dishes, veggies and eggs. The added jalapeño peppers give it a kick and will fill your taste buds with happy notes!
- 1 cup BUENO® Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ tsp. Mexican oregano dried
- ½ tsp. salt
- salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 cups shredded lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- Peel and pit avocado.1 medium avocado
- Using stand mixer or food processor, blend avocado until smooth.
- Add salsa, sour cream, garlic, lime juice and oregano. Pulse until creamy.1 cup BUENO® Tomatillo Salsa, 1 tsp. garlic, 1 tbsp. lime juice, ¼ tsp. Mexican oregano
- Salt to taste.salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.½ tsp. salt, 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Brown chicken for 5 minutes on both sides.
- Place skillet into oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Toss lettuce, cilantro, tomatoes and corn in a large bowl.8 cups shredded lettuce leaves, ¼ cup chopped cilantro, 15-20 cherry tomatoes, 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- Portion out salad onto plates. Top with chicken breast and avocado dressing.
Calories: 229kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 6gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 612mgPotassium: 662mgFiber: 7gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 1201IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!