Hatch Chile Cheddar Scones are a delectable bakery item that pairs perfectly with green chile stew or beans. Also these scones make for great turkey jack sandwiches.
The secret ingredient for this scone is our Hatch Autumn Roast® Green Chile Salsa: https://buenofoods.com/product/autumn-roast/
Hatch Chile Cheddar Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter frozen, grated
- 1 ¼ cups BUENO® Hatch Autumn Roast® Green Chile Salsa
- ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flour, baking powder and salt.2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, ¼ tsp. salt
- Add grated butter. Then, add ½ cup grated cheese to mixture. After each addition, beat once or twice to evenly distribute.1 stick unsalted butter, ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Add salsa. Mix at medium speed for 10-15 seconds or until dough just comes together.1 ¼ cups BUENO® Hatch Autumn Roast® Green Chile Salsa
- Remove dough from bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Place dough on lightly floured work surface.
- Knead dough a few times until just combined.
- Shape dough into 10 inch round about ½ inch thick. Using sharp knife, cut dough into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges on ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly brush milk over each wedge. Top with a sprinkle of cheese.2 Tbsp. milk
- Bake scones for 12-15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.