These Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos are a hearty and healthy choice for vegetarians and non vegetarians alike. With green chile sauce, corn, zucchini, onions, garlic, beans and scrambled eggs, they are chock full of nutrition.
Hatch Green Chile Sauce adds flavor and a bit of heat.
Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos
We make our thick and chunky traditional green chile sauce with our most premium green chile from Hatch, New Mexico. You’ll delight in it as a topping for enchiladas, tacos and huevos rancheros as well as a base for stews and soups. Certified New Mexico grown and Hatch grown.
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 16oz. jar BUENO® Hatch Green Chile Sauce
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels
- 2 zucchini diced
- 2/3 cup red onion diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed (or pinto beans)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 doz. pkg. BUENO® Grandma’s® Flour Tortillas
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.¼ cup vegetable oil
- Add green chile sauce, corn, zucchini, onions, garlic, and beans.1 16oz. jar BUENO® Hatch Green Chile Sauce, 2 cups sweet corn kernels, 2 zucchini, 2/3 cup red onion, 1 Tbsp. minced garlic, 1 cup black beans
- Simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While vegetables are cooking, crack eggs into microwaveable dish. Add water and lightly stir.4 large eggs, 2 Tbsp. water
- Microwave egg mixture on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add eggs to vegetable mixture. Using a spatula, cut eggs into bite-sized pieces.
- Warm tortilla on a comal.1 doz. pkg. BUENO® Grandma’s® Flour Tortillas
- Spoon vegetable mixture onto tortilla. Top with cheese.1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
- Roll into burrito. Serve warm.
Option: You may substitute pinto beans for black beans.
Calories: 384kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 14gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 960mgPotassium: 396mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 449IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 251mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!