Traditional Hatch Green Chile Sauce
This Traditional Green Chile Sauce contains pork and New Mexico grown green chile. It is the taste of home for generations of New Mexicans.
- 2 cups water
- 1- 13 oz. container BUENO® Hatch Autumn Roast® Green Chile
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. unbleached flour
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lb. pork cubed
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- Heat water and frozen green chile in sauce pan over low heat. Cook for about 15 minutes.2 cups water, 1- 13 oz. container BUENO® Hatch Autumn Roast® Green Chile
- Heat oil in a separate saucepan over low heat.1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Add flour and stir until golden brown, making a roux.1 Tbsp. unbleached flour
- Add onion and minced garlic. Cook until transparent.½ medium onion, 1 clove garlic
- Add pork and seasonings. Brown pork over medium heat.1 lb. pork, 1 tsp. granulated garlic, 1 tsp. salt
- Add green chile and water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 15 to 20 minutes.
Calories: 80kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 8gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 190mgPotassium: 143mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 0.2gVitamin A: 2IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 9mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!