Lower in fat, cholesterol and sodium and higher in fiber, this loaf supports healthy heart, blood glucose, and immune system function. It is not at all spicy and perfect for a supper dish for the growing family.
This recipe uses New Mexican Red Chile Powder.
Southwest Turkey Loaf
Southwest Turkey Loaf is healthy comfort food! It uses New Mexican red chile powder to add intensity to ground turkey. This version of meatloaf uses ingredients that provide greater nutrient density for the caloric dollar.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1¼ lbs. lean (7% fat) ground turkey
- 2- 8 oz cans tomato sauce (no salt added)
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1 tsp. BUENO® New Mexico Red Chile Powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup crushed bran cereal flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray.non-stick cooking spray
- Combine onion, garlic, celery, turkey, 1½ cans tomato sauce, egg substitute, seasonings and cereal crumbs together, mixing thoroughly.1 medium onion, 2 garlic cloves, 1¼ lbs. lean (7% fat) ground turkey, 2- 8 oz cans tomato sauce (no salt added), ¼ cup egg substitute, 1 tsp. BUENO® New Mexico Red Chile Powder, ¼ tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. black pepper, ½ cup crushed bran cereal flakes, 2 celery ribs, chopped
- Spread mixture into greased pan and top with remaining ½ can of tomato sauce.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Calories: 211kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 24gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 261mgPotassium: 346mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 526IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 65mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!