Red Chile Sauce (From Red Chile Puree)
This recipe pairs well with any New Mexican dish. Whether it's posole, enchiladas, or a breakfast burrito its sure to be great with this chile sauce.
- 1 14 oz. container BUENO® Frozen Red Chile
- 1 ½ 14 oz. container water
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. flour unbleached
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- ¼ tsp. BUENO® Oregano
- Heat frozen red chile and water in saucepan over medium heat 15 minutes.1 14 oz. container BUENO® Frozen Red Chile, 1 ½ 14 oz. container water
- Heat oil in separate skillet over medium heat. Add flour. Whisk roux 10 minutes.2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, 2 Tbsp. flour
- Add salt, garlic, and roux to sauce. Bring to a boil (at least 165ºF.). Simmer 15 minutes.1 tsp. salt, 2 cloves garlic
- Crush oregano into sauce. Bring to a boil (at least 165ºF.). Simmer 5 minutes.¼ tsp. BUENO® Oregano
Makes approximately 24 oz.
Calories: 63kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 1gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.03gSodium: 247mgPotassium: 9mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 3IUVitamin C: 0.2mgCalcium: 5mgIron: 0.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!