Hatch Green Chile Stew
Hatch Green Chile Stew is a delicious staple of New Mexican cuisine. Hatch Green Chile, potatoes, tomatoes and lean pork make a hearty and healthy stew.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ lb. lean stew meat ½ in. cubed
- 3 small potatoes cubed
- ⅛ medium onion chopped
- 3 small tomatoes chopped
- 1-13 oz. container BUENO® Hatch Autumn Roast® Green Chile frozen
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp. salt
- Heat oil in 3 or 4 quart pot.1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Add meat and brown over low heat for approximately 4 minutes.½ lb. lean stew meat
- Add potatoes and onion. Brown for approximately 4 more minutes, stirring occasionally.3 small potatoes, ⅛ medium onion
- Add frozen green chile. Cook for 15 minutes (to at least 165ºF).1-13 oz. container BUENO® Hatch Autumn Roast® Green Chile
- Stir in tomato, garlic, water and salt. Bring to a boil.3 small tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, 1 cup water, ½ tsp. salt
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Calories: 241kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 16gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 285mgPotassium: 903mgFiber: 7gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 571IUVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!