These Bean Burritos are simple and nutritious. Start with whole pinto beans, seasoned with onion and garlic and mash with cheese. Roll into a burrito.
- ½ cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 4 cups cooked pinto beans prepared without oil or salt
- ⅛ tsp. oregano
- 6- 8 inch BUENO® GRANDMA’S® Tortillas
- 1- 16 oz. jar BUENO® New Mexico Red Chile Sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Sauté onion and garlic in a skillet lightly coated with a non-stick cooking spray.½ cup onion, 2 cloves garlic
- Add pinto beans and oregano. Simmer mixture until any excess moisture has evaporated. Mash mixture4 cups cooked pinto beans, ⅛ tsp. oregano
- Stir ½ cup of the cheese into beans, allowing cheese to melt.1 cup cheddar cheese
- Spoon 2/3 cup bean mixture onto each tortilla. Roll up, placing each burrito seam side down.6- 8 inch BUENO® GRANDMA’S® Tortillas
- Pour 1/3 cup of red chile sauce over each burrito and sprinkle ¼ cup cheese on top of each burrito.1- 16 oz. jar BUENO® New Mexico Red Chile Sauce
Calories: 344kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 15gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 1091mgPotassium: 1602mgFiber: 9gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 191IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 260mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!