This recipe uses Special Reserve Red Chile Powder.
Avocado Orange Chicken Wraps
Avocado Orange Chicken Wraps are perfect for a light and flavorful meal. Add the New Mexican red chile orange drizzle for a bit of additional flavor and spice.
- 1/3 cup almond slivers
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Avocado pitted and diced
- ¼ cup canned mandarin oranges diced
- 3 scallions cut into rounds
- ¼ head nappa cabbage diced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup juice from canned mandarin oranges
- 10 BUENO® Corn Tortillas
- ¼ tsp. BUENO® Special Reserve Chile Powder
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup mandarin oranges with juice
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro chopped
- Toast almonds in a 250° oven.1/3 cup almond slivers
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp. olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan.1 tsp. olive oil
- Add chicken and cook thoroughly.½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine avocado, mandarin orange dices, scallions, cabbage and cilantro in a bowl.1 Avocado, ¼ cup canned mandarin oranges, 3 scallions, ¼ head nappa cabbage, ¼ cup cilantro
- In a separate bowl, combine salt, cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp. olive oil and ¼ cup mandarin orange juice. Pour over avocado mixture and toss.½ tsp. sea salt, ½ tsp. cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, ¼ cup juice from canned mandarin oranges
- Once chicken is cooked through and cool, dice and add to avocado mixture.
- To make the drizzle, combine all ingredients in a blender on low speed.¼ tsp. BUENO® Special Reserve Chile Powder, 3 Tbsp. olive oil, ¼ cup mandarin oranges with juice, 1 Tbsp. cilantro
- Warm corn tortillas one at a time. Fill each corn tortilla with approximately ¼ cup of fill and 1 tsp. drizzle. One serving equals 2 tortillas/wraps.10 BUENO® Corn Tortillas
The corn tortillas compliment the flavors perfectly and adds nutrition to the dish without adding very many calories or fat.
Calories: 399kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 15gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 279mgPotassium: 599mgFiber: 8gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 848IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 82mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!